Before you submit an article for publication, we wish to share our guidelines with you.
1. Who We Are
- The New Hampshire Telephone Museum seeks to inspire curiosity by engaging a broad public audience in exhibitions and programs based on its remarkable and expanding collection. The Museum preserves the past and tells the stories of the telecommunications industry.
- We are a family-friendly, non-profit organization located in Warner, New Hampshire.
- We want to be considered a “must-see” attraction. For the purposes of education and entertainment, we want to share the history of the telephone and telecommunications. To read our Mission Statement and see a list of our Visions, please visit our website.
2. Who can write for us?
Anyone is welcome to submit an article for our blog. There are so many topics that can be applied to our Mission. We’ve listed a few below:
3. Types of content accepted
- We accept a wide range of topics, as we’ve mentioned, but we are not interested in native ads or anything sales-focused. We will consider syndicated/unoriginal posts, however.
IMPORTANT: We do not accept drafts. Your article must be in finished form, error-free with proper citations.
- Post length: Your article should be no less than 600 words.
- Image requirements: The guest poster is required to provide any images he/she wishes to be published with the article. There shall be no more than 3 images, although not all images may be used. All images must be available for re-use and proper citations must be used. We suggest that guest bloggers use Creative Commons.
- Citing sources: It is the responsibility of all guest bloggers to cite their work properly.
- Guidelines on links: Each article submission will be reviewed independently regarding links.
5. Submission guidelines
How to submit your article:
- Accepted formats: We accept Word docs.
- Point of submission: All blog submissions can be sent to email@example.com. Please include RED DIAL DESK SET - BLOG SUBMISSION on the Subject line.
- Byline/headshot information: Guest posters may submit a byline and photo. Guest posters may also include their social media handles and links to their website. We reserve every right to edit bylines and remove links that do not meet our standards or are manipulative.
- Important editing information: We reserve the right to edit your headlines, body copy and anything else that you submit to us, and that once you submit a piece of writing, it becomes our property to be used on our blog.
6. What comes next?
Thanks again for your interest in writing for The New Hampshire Telephone Museum. We will notify you when we have received your guest post.
- Average review time: Guest post will be reviewed for relevance and quality. Once accepted, posters will be notified via email of an approximate date for publication. No other notification will be given.
- What happens if refused: If you submit an article and have not heard back from us within one month, we’ve decided to not to publish your article. We do not give feedback on those submissions not selected.